[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.20.1″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.20.1″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.20.1″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.20.1″]
Always been the one to think differently? Are you eager to bolster the ECE Students’ brand?
Then expand your creative-, managerial-, and strategic skills by applying to become our next Marketing Director! Aside managing the marketing committee, your tasks will include the formulation and implementation of all marketing campaigns in our events portfolio, the promotion of ECE Students’ inspiring and fun community, as well as the creation of forward-thinking, new content for ECE Students’ various Social Media channels. As you will be leading the biggest committee of ECE Students, it is important that you have the enthusiasm and spirit to keep your team motivated and help them succeed to their fullest potential.
As Marketing Director, you will…
- You will lead the strategic marketing direction and implementation of the whole organization;
- Be responsible for the (brand) image of ECE Students at Erasmus University Rotterdam and beyond;
- Coordinate the think, design, launch and lead operational Marketing Campaigns to nurture Sales pipeline;
- Manage the communication & marketing strategy based on our strategic roadmap and define marketing communication objectives;
- Follow up and analyse communication, marketing and sales USPs;
- Media and marketing mix optimization / Provide input on creative advertising and media plans;
- Supervise and manage a team of 10 talents.
- A strategic thinker with a creative mindset;
- Humble yet confident, with high self-awareness;
- Extremely detailed and process oriented, balancing short-term and long-term needs;
- You are able to manage working teams up as well as down and sideways, and across multiple committees;
- Someone who is extremely communicative, always;
- You recognize when things need to change and don’t always stick to the old and trusted ways;
- You are someone with an eye for detail but are able to prioritize things to benefit long term needs of the organization related to brand image;
- Highly independent and have the courage to make unpopular decisions when necessary.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.20.1″][et_pb_column type=”1_2″ _builder_version=”3.20.1″][et_pb_team_member name=”Sophia Hummelman” position=”Marketing Director of the ECE Students Board 2018-2019″ image_url=”https://ecestudents.nl/app/uploads/2019/03/IMG_1899-copy.jpg” _builder_version=”3.20.1″][/et_pb_team_member][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_2″ _builder_version=”3.20.1″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.20.1″]
Sophia’s Board Experience
My greatest opportunity this year
The greatest opportunity for me was to experience multiple inspiring working environments. I have difficulties figuring out what I want to do with my future career and this year has definitely showed me a lot of new opportunities.
The greatest obstacle I’ve tackled
I work pretty closely with not only a board of 8 people, but also a committee of 10 people. I really don’t like disappointing people. I’ve accepted the fact that I can’t always please everyone every time, which was really hard for me in the beginning.
Biggest thing I’m thankful for
I am so thankful to have met so many passionate, inspirational, different yet still crazy impressive people in one year. I have made so many close friendships and I’m sure I’m going to be close to these people the rest of my life.
Best thing about my position
The fact that I get to work with every single team and on every single project we do can be stressful sometimes, but it will NEVER offset the EXCITEMENT that it comes with.
Biggest learning lesson of the year
At ECE Students be prepared to get thrown into the deep.The responsibility you get in this organisation is REAL. Throughout the year I’ve learned to listen to people and appreciate everyone’s opinion. However your intuition is shaped by your past experiences, and your existing knowledge which you gained from them. I’ve learned that sometimes even though almost everyone says one thing I need to trust myself and do the other.
What makes us unique
I believe in the concept of intrinsic motivation, the idea that things are worth doing for your own sake, not because of a system of punishments and reward. The people here are alive to make a difference and an impact.