Are you an excellent team player? Are you willing to take on a leading role for a community of 40 Active Members? Are you dedicated about creating a strong community bond within ECE Students? Are you excited about joining Erasmus University Rotterdam’s official entrepreneurial study association?
We are currently looking for ECE Students’ next Vice-President, who will be the second in command and will be the President’s right-hand in painting the new picture of ECE Students. You will work closely with your fellow board members and all the committees to ensure things run smoothly and decided how to spend money most efficiently. Besides that you will be mainly responsible for our community, recruitment, the newsletter, our website and administrative work of the Board. Furthermore, you will be leading the Social Committee to further strengthen the community bond!
This position requires you to to be in strong connection with the community. If you think task management, keeping an overview and social skills are some of your strong suits, the VP position is a match.
As the Vice-president, you will …
- Be representing ECE Students in the upcoming academic year alongside with the President;
- Work closely with the President for supervisory Board;
- Plan the Active Members’ and Board recruitment;
- Be the first contact person of the Active Members;
- Optimize and coordinate ECE Students’ financial roadmap;
- Ensure accurate cash flow management in good coordination with the Board and our Active Members’ community;
- Engage with the Active Members and take care of their well-being;
- Work on strengthening the ECE Students Community Bond;
- Be responsible for the administrative work of the Board;
- Lead the Social Committee;
- Take minutes during Board and Community Meetings;
- Highly organized and excellent in creating detailed plans (including strategy);
- A reliable individual, who commits to deadlines;
- Someone who’s not afraid to make decisions if needed;
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (WordPress is a plus!);
- Socially dynamic and have great networking skills;
- Charismatic and you can easily motivate people;
- Excellent in transparent and friendly communication;
- Someone with good cultural-, and organizational sensitivity;
- Creative and innovative; you like visualizing new ideas and projects for the internal community;
- Highly-driven; you are good in motivating and encouraging your colleagues;
- NOT someone with a 9 to 5 mentality.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to be the Vice-President of ECE Students? Keep reading to find out what Clément has to say about his experience!
"Connecting people with a common goal"
My greatest opportunity this year
To work with like-minded determined students and work together towards execution of entrepreneurial ideas, while having fun in the process!
Greatest obstacle I tackled
Switching from physical meetings and events to video conferences, and working in uncertainty regarding present & future Covid-19 restrictions with the board
Biggest learning lesson of the year
Meet physically if you can & be transparent and communicative!
Why you wouldn’t do a regular faculty board
When joining ECE Students events you can see people’s interest for what you do and their motivation and enthusiasm to take the entrepreneurial path. Being part of this board, you will not only support these students on their entrepreneurial and academic journey, but also educate yourself about a truly interesting career choice, being entrepreneurship.
Interested in a Board year at ECE Students?
Once you have decided that our Board year will be the next step of your career, you can complete your application by following the steps below:
- Click the “Apply” button below, and fill in your personal details.
- Submit a short Motivation Letter (max. 400 words).
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae
Interested in knowing more?
In case you’d like to get a more rounded view on our association and a Board year, don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We are always up for a (virtual) coffee and are happy to answer your remaining questions. 😉
Please send a mail to email@example.com with your name, phone number, preferred position(s) and any other additional comments you might have. We’ll get back to you to ASAP!