Are you crazy about creating thrilling entrepreneurial experiences for the community around you? Are you ready to transform your visions into reality? Do you want to put your leadership skills to the test and take our events to the next level? If you answered yes, then read on!
The Program Director of ECE Students is the brain, heart and soul of our events! We are on the lookout for a free spirit to take over and run the show. With one eye on the bottom line and the other at the horizon, your main role will involve creating the groundwork for outstanding events throughout the year and leading the team to make them happen. It is about keeping your team motivated and focused on their goals, especially when the stakes are high and the consequences really matter. In essence, you will be the bird’s eye view in executing the event portfolio, ensuring swift and clear communication between active members organising the events, the marketing team and any other internal stakeholders involved with a project. So are you the crazy maverick that can inspire, build and create?
As Program Director, you will be…
- Responsible for the successful execution and organisation of ECE Students’ event portfolio;
- Setting deadlines and creating an organised event schedule for the year ahead to lay the groundwork for committee members;
- Supervising the work of various committees, steering them in the right direction and supporting them with the event organising aspect of event planning;
- Meeting with committee chairs and your fellow Board on a weekly basis (approx. 1.5 hours/meeting) to discuss project updates, strategic vision and community feedback;
- Involved within the ECE community to build a supportive and fun environment focused on professional and personal development as well as strengthening social ties within the organisation;
- Envisioning and enacting new ways to stimulate professional and personal development for the ECE community;
- And finally, getting involved in whatever whacky additional projects the board decides to take on!
We expect you to be…
- Curious about entrepreneurship
- Enthusiastic about the work we do at ECE Students – our big WHY;
- Genuinely invested in the well-being and growth of the people in your community;
- An initiative taker who thrives in fast-paced environments;
- Available 20 hours/week… the same as your average part time job
- Extremely strategic and meticulous when envisioning how events are run;
You possess the following skill-set…
- Detail oriented with an eye for logistics
- Proactive and able to work autonomously
- Extroverted or otherwise enjoy meeting new people and building new relationships
- Able to identify weaknesses in current processes, voice your opinion on improvements and follow through in implementation
Want to learn more about what it’s like to be Program Director of ECE Students? Keep reading to find out what Emily and Bo have to say about their experience!
"Getting to know the Dutch entrepreneurial scene"
Working with proactive and passionate individuals gave me the opportunity to learn so much about the amazing initiatives started by students on and off campus. I am so happy to be in a position to help these individuals and watch them reach their goals:)
Probably the mad rush to silence the sound of Slack notifications on my laptop which conveniently tend to go off mid-workshop or in the silent section of the library 😉
Favourite Moment of the Year
Our board meetup with other entrepreneurship societies across NL which opened my eyes to the expanse of the Dutch entrepreneurship scene
Accelerating your personal growth within a community full of go-getters while having fun
Getting people to believe that I am Norwegian
Favourite Moment of the Year
Observing the commencement of the ECE Students camaraderie at the Active Member acceptance drinks
Interested in a Board year at ECE Students?
Once you have decided that our Board year will be the next step of your career, you can complete your application by following the steps below:
- Click the “Apply” button below, and fill in your personal details.
- Submit a short Motivation Letter (max. 400 words).
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae
Interested in knowing more?
In case you’d like to get a more rounded view on our association and a Board year, don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We are always up for a coffee around campus/in town and happy to answer your remaining questions.