Are you ready to make a difference on the campus for those around you? Want to learn what it means to effectively lead and motivate a team? Do you want to lead ECE Students flagship Student Founders Program? If the answer to those is yes make sure you apply as next year’s Program Director!
The Program Director is the mastermind behind the student start-up programs that we run. We are looking for someone who can come in and question the status quo to help the student community realise their start-up dreams. As the Program Director you will be the one at the wheel for some of our most innovative programs ensuring that they are more successful than ever before. Aside from that you’ll also be alongside 6 other board members helping shape the future of ECE students. From strategizing events to recruiting active members you’ll have the freedom to pursue new ideas and change old ones.
Are you the visionary who can help pave the way for future student entrepreneurs? It’s time to find out!
As Program Director, you will be…
- Responsible for the successful execution and organisation of ECE Students’ Programs (Student Founders Program and Start-it-up);
- Planning the schedule for the year programs and establishing an outline of responsibilities and deadlines;
- Responsible for overseeing several committees, helping your active members develop professionally and supporting them in creating some awesome programs;
- Meeting with committee chairs and your fellow Board on a weekly basis to discuss project updates, strategic vision and community feedback;
- Involved within the ECE community to build a supportive and fun environment focused on professional and personal development as well as strengthening social ties within the organisation;
- Envisioning and enacting new ways to stimulate professional and personal development for the ECE community;
- And finally, getting involved in whatever whacky additional projects the board decides to take on!
- Passionate about entrepreneurship and innovation;
- Able to identify current flaws in order to further develop our main-pogram: the Student Founders Programme;
- An initiative taker who thrives in fast-paced environments;
- Available 20 hours/week… the same as your average part time job;
- Creativc and always coming up with innovative ideas;
- Proactive and able to work autonomously;
- Organized in your day-to-day work;
- A great communicator who gets the job done;
Want to learn more about what it’s like to be Program Director of ECE Students? Keep reading to find out what Marcus has to say about his experience!
My favourite moment of the year
The kick-off of the Student Founders Program. After 4 months of planning, reaching out to speakers with the SFP committee we had the chance to see all our work pay off. While it was a lot of effort we managed to create an engaging, educational experience for student founders around campus. Despite the challenges related to the pandemic it was great to see the outcome of great teamwork!
The biggest challenge I’ve tackled
The greatest challenge this year was adapting to a completely new way of working. With the pandemic meaning physical interaction wasn’t possible motivating committee members was harder than it’s ever been before. Despite this, with enough will and variation in the type of social events we had we managed to have a great time albeit over zoom.
My greatest opportunity this year
This year was a great opportunity to grow both my personal and professional network. Through working with many different entrepreneurs and industry professionals it was amazing to learn from so many different people.
Biggest learning lesson of the year
The biggest lesson for me personally was that persistence is key. I was used to finding myself in easy situations where answers are clear and things work the first time. Through the board year I realized that sometimes things don’t go right on the first try, but that’s what you have to use to go forward. Any failure is just a lesson to be learned and you’ve got to keep pushing forward.
Best thing about the position
When taking on the role of program director you have the freedom to make the programs the way you want to. I had the opportunity to add, change and redefine the Student Founders Program. In the position you will be able to build on all the existing programs and make them your own.
Interested in a Board year at ECE Students?
Once you have decided that our Board year will be the next step of your career, you can complete your application by following the steps below:
- Click the “Apply” button below, and fill in your personal details.
- Submit a short Motivation Letter (max. 400 words).
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae
Interested in knowing more?
In case you’d like to get a more rounded view on our association and a Board year, don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We are always up for a (virtual) coffee and are happy to answer your remaining questions. 😉
Please send a mail to email@example.com with your name, phone number, preferred position(s) and any other additional comments you might have. We’ll get back to you to ASAP!