Are you an outstanding leader? Can you solve complex problems of scale and drive change across a diverse team of students? Are you excited to join Erasmus University Rotterdam’s official entrepreneurial study association, ECE Students?
We are currently looking for ECE Students’ next President, who will lead and coordinate his/her fellow Board members as well as ECE Students’ expanding Active Members-, and Shadow communities. You will become our association’s key representative and the link between the next generation of Board-, and Active Members. You will connect and engage our multidisciplinary teams to assure the proper execution of the organization’s program schedule for the forthcoming academic year. Moreover, while working closely with your fellow Board members and the Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship, you will implement those strategic decisions that will improve and drive ECE Students in the long-term.
As President, you will…
- Be the leader and key representative of the Erasmus University Rotterdam’s official entrepreneurial study association, ECE Students in the upcoming academic year;
- Be involved in the sales processes of finding sponsors and the political work of positioning the organization among the various interests of its stakeholders;
- Directly supervise and coordinate the work of your fellow Board members;
- Oversee the work of ECE Students’ Active Members-, and Shadow communities;
- Contribute to the strategic direction of ECE students in cooperation with Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship – let it be in terms of day-to-day operations or bigger decisions;
- Continuously refine the ECE Students strategy around programming, acquisitions matters to optimize our resources for participant success, retention, and expansion;
- Be the driving force behind our team’s motivation and help them exceed their potential.
- A strategic thinker focused on execution: someone who’s able to roll up the sleeves to get things done;
- Humble yet confident, with high self-awareness;
- Experimental, ready to learn and open to change;
- Someone with good cultural-, and organizational sensitivity;
- Extremely detailed and process oriented, balancing short-term and long-term needs;
- Someone with outstanding project management skills, ability to work cross-functionally and outside the organization, and have a track record of achieving the results expected;
- Result and strategy-driven: you understand how to measure and monitor results to move key metrics in the right direction;
- Someone, who thrives in fast-paced environments, where initiatives are fluid and require constant prioritization;
- NOT someone with a 9 to 5 mentality.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to be President of ECE Students? Keep reading to find out what Denisa has to say about her experience!
"A highly rewarding experience that tests you to the core"
My favorite moment of the year
My absolute favorite moment of the year was meeting the rest of the board members for the first time. We were all recruited through an online process so there was an overwhelming amount of uncertainty regarding the team work for the upcoming year. I remember being nervous and thinking that this first meeting would set the tone for how our relationships would develop throughout our experience. It turned out that I had nothing to worry about. We hit it off from the very beginning and I realised that a board year can take the shapes you give it, and ours was a lot of fun.
The biggest insecurity I have tackled
Being able to always say it like it is. In a board position one has to learn to represent the organisation from the very beginning. There are a lot of important stakeholder connections that should be maintained, just like there are a lot of new valuable connections that should be pursued. I learned that in such a setting, and in work settings in general, being truthful when communicating with other parties is a must.
My greatest opportunity this year
To work alongside other student associations that are active in the Dutch entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The greatest obstacle I’ve tackled
To effectively bring together seven other Board members and our Active Members’ community, all with very different personalities, competencies, and ways-of-working.
Biggest thing I’m thankful for
Our great team! Just like everyone, we also faced a lot of unforeseen challenges this year due to the pandemic. However, these challenges did not halt our productivity but on the contrary, it pushed us to think more creatively and brought us closer together.
Interested in a Board year at ECE Students?
Once you have decided that our Board year will be the next step of your career, you can complete your application by following the steps below:
- Click the “Apply” button below, and fill in your personal details.
- Submit a short Motivation Letter (max. 400 words).
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae
Interested in knowing more?
In case you’d like to get a more rounded view on our association and a Board year, don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We are always up for a (virtual) coffee and are happy to answer your remaining questions. 😉
Please send a mail to email@example.com with your name, phone number, preferred position(s) and any other additional comments you might have. We’ll get back to you to ASAP!