Are you crazy about creating thrilling entrepreneurial experiences for the community around you? Are you ready to transform your visions into reality? Do you want to put your leadership skills to the test and take our events to the next level? If you answered yes, then read on!
The Events Director of ECE Students is the brain, heart and soul of our events! We are on the lookout for a free spirit to take over and run the show. With one eye on the bottom line and the other at the horizon, your main role will involve creating the groundwork for outstanding events, like the 24 Hour Business Game throughout the year and leading the team to make it happen. It is about keeping your team motivated and focused on their goals, especially when the stakes are high and the consequences really matter. In essence, you will be the bird’s eye view in executing the event portfolio, ensuring swift and clear communication between active members organising the events, the marketing team and any other internal stakeholders involved with a project. So are you the crazy maverick that can inspire, build and create?
As Events Director, you will be…
- Responsible for the successful execution and organisation of ECE Students’ event portfolio;
- Setting deadlines and creating an organised event schedule for the year ahead to lay the groundwork for committee members;
- Supervising the work of various committees, steering them in the right direction and supporting them with the event organising aspect of event planning;
- Meeting with committee chairs and your fellow Board on a weekly basis to discuss project updates, strategic vision and community feedback;
- Involved within the ECE community to build a supportive and fun environment focused on professional and personal development as well as strengthening social ties within the organisation;
- Envisioning and enacting new ways to stimulate professional and personal development for the ECE community;
- And finally, getting involved in whatever whacky additional projects the board decides to take on!
- Curious about entrepreneurship
- Enthusiastic about the work we do at ECE Students – our big WHY;
- Genuinely invested in the well-being and growth of the people in your community;
- An initiative taker who thrives in fast-paced environments;
- Available 20 hours/week… the same as your average part time job
- Extremely strategic and meticulous when envisioning how events are run;
- Detail oriented with an eye for logistics
- Proactive and able to work autonomously
- Extroverted or otherwise enjoy meeting new people and building new relationships
- Able to identify weaknesses in current processes, voice your opinion on improvements and follow through in implementation
Want to learn more about what it’s like to be Events Director of ECE Students? Keep reading to find out what Madina has to say about her experience!
My favorite moment of the year
There have been many unforgettable moments in the year such as visiting and getting lost in the ECE campus for the first time or the several delicious dinners with my committees to celebrate our successful events. However, a specific instance that comes to mind is the day I received the great news that the grant application for two of our events were accepted. I had to engage in heavy debating to ensure that the committee members’ efforts were not in vain. After several calls and emails later where I did not budge from our initial proposal, we received the amazing news! The tingling happiness I felt combined with the smile on everyone’s face was a moment I won’t forget.
The biggest insecurity I have tackled
I wanted to ensure that as a board member who supervises several committees, I find a good balance between being a good leader that they can rely on but also a good friend that they can talk to!
My greatest opportunity this year
I had the opportunity to create and envision without limitations. Other than supervising and guiding several committees, I also had the freedom to pursue side-projects that tackled my passions. It was a great experience to be able to independently draft an event from scratch, arrange funding, and transform my ideas from notes on a document to a real engaging event.
My favorite event
It’s hard to choose one but the “Women in Entrepreneurship” was definitely a thrilling experience.
My biggest learning lesson of the year
Always be ready to improvise and adapt as a leader!
Interested in a Board year at ECE Students?
Once you have decided that our Board year will be the next step of your career, you can complete your application by following the steps below:
- Click the “Apply” button below, and fill in your personal details.
- Submit a short Motivation Letter (max. 400 words).
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae
Interested in knowing more?
In case you’d like to get a more rounded view on our association and a Board year, don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We are always up for a (virtual) coffee and are happy to answer your remaining questions. 😉
Please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, preferred position(s) and any other additional comments you might have. We’ll get back to you to ASAP!