External Relations Director
Are you keen to establish and foster relationships with leading innovative companies in an entrepreneurial scene? Do you want to achieve first-hand experience with setting-up and closing deals with entrepreneurial leaders? Are you excited about joining Erasmus University Rotterdam’s official entrepreneurial study association?
As you are reading right now, we are looking for an External Relations Directors to carry forward ECE Student’s expansive network of startups and many other businesses. Together with a passionate board, you will be leading and representing ECE Students both on the university campus and to our partners. Besides creating new opportunities for ECE Students, you will be given the responsibility for various projects and events. In this exciting position you can expect to have meetings with CEOs and founders, find the best speakers and widen your professional network.
As External Relations Director, you will…
- Be in charge of securing and maintaining relationships with external parties;
- Gain leadership experience by supervising various committees and allowing committee members, especially your External Relations; Officers, to develop and thrive within a vibrant community;
- Maintain and develop our Customer Relations Management System;
- Attend disrupting events and expand your network rapidly;
- Be in charge of the cash inflow of ECE Students;
- Develop effective persuasion, negotiation and sales skills to convince external parties of establishing a relationship
- A great communicator, fluent in written and oral English;
- Proficient in Dutch (a plus, but not required);
- Available to work 20 hours/week (flexible hours);
- Available during the summer of 2020 (hours TBD);
- Keen to work with a diverse and driven Board;
- Capable to deal with rejection, and stay motivated to continue seeking new partners;
- Experienced in sales, lead generation or partnerships through past work or voluntary activities;
- Experienced in CRM systems (Hubspot, Pipeline, etc.);
- Willing to carry forward the vibrant spirit of ECE Students.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to be the External Relations Director of ECE Students? Keep reading to find out what Justas and Kobe have to say about their experience!
"Seeing the direct impact on people"
Starting/leading your own project while seeing the direct impact it has on the people
Filling doodles sent by our dear President and VP
Favourite Moment of the Year
Launch of the Student Founders Program – seeing the audience and speakers excited about something you initiated is something out of this world
Meeting lots of interesting people in the entrepreneurial scene of Rotterdam and beyond. Giving students the chance to become an entrepreneur.
Developing a long-term strategy.
Favourite moment of the year
SEM-final, where two startups were initiated.
Interested in a Board year at ECE Students?
Once you have decided that our Board year will be the next step of your career, you can complete your application by following the steps below:
- Click the “Apply” button below, and fill in your personal details.
- Submit a short Motivation Letter (max. 400 words).
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae
Interested in knowing more?
In case you’d like to get a more rounded view on our association and a Board year, don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We are always up for a coffee around campus/in town and happy to answer your remaining questions.