Business Development Director
Are you keen to establish and foster relationships with leading innovative companies in an entrepreneurial scene? Do you want to achieve first-hand experience with setting-up and closing deals with entrepreneurial leaders? Are you excited about joining Erasmus University Rotterdam’s official entrepreneurial study association?
As you are reading right now, we are looking for a Business Development Director to carry forward ECE Student’s expansive network of startups and many other businesses. Together with a passionate board, you will be leading and representing ECE Students both on the university campus and to our partners. Besides creating new opportunities for ECE Students, you will be given the responsibility for various projects and events. In this exciting position you can expect to have meetings with CEOs and founders, find the best speakers and widen your professional network.
As Business Development Director, you will…
- Be in charge of securing and maintaining relationships with external parties;
- Gain leadership experience by supervising various committees and allowing committee members, especially your Business Development Committee, to develop and thrive within a vibrant community;
- Maintain and develop our Customer Relations Management System;
- Attend disrupting events and expand your network rapidly;
- Create innovative strategies to acquire more funding;
- Develop effective persuasion, negotiation and sales skills to convince external parties of establishing a relationship
- A great communicator, fluent in written and oral English;
- Proficient in Dutch (a plus, but not required);
- Available to work 20 hours/week (flexible hours);
- Available during the summer of 2020 (hours TBD);
- Keen to work with a diverse and driven Board;
- Capable to deal with rejection, and stay motivated to continue seeking new partners;
- Experienced in sales, lead generation or partnerships through past work or voluntary activities;
- Experienced in CRM systems (Hubspot, Pipeline, etc.);
- Willing to carry forward the vibrant spirit of ECE Students.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to be the Business Development Director of ECE Students? Keep reading to find out what Nick has to say about his experience!
"Seeing the direct impact on people"
My favorite moment of the year
Seeing active members being passionate about their projects and keeping their head up during these difficult times.
My greatest opportunity this year
Being able to send out a ton of Linkedin requests without having to question myself.
Favorite moment of this year
The active member community meeting!
Biggest learning lesson
Being a better listener. This helped me to really understand what the other person wants or is trying to bring across.
Why wouldn’t I apply for a regular faculty board
ECE Students offers you a lot of flexibility. Apart from working on existing projects you can also start your project which I found very interesting. Besides that, having the opportunity to lead an international community full of entrepreneurial minds is unique at ECE Students and really appealed to me.
Interested in a Board year at ECE Students?
Once you have decided that our Board year will be the next step of your career, you can complete your application by following the steps below:
- Click the “Apply” button below, and fill in your personal details.
- Submit a short Motivation Letter (max. 400 words).
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae
Interested in knowing more?
In case you’d like to get a more rounded view on our association and a Board year, don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We are always up for a (virtual) coffee and are happy to answer your remaining questions. 😉
Please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, preferred position(s) and any other additional comments you might have. We’ll get back to you to ASAP!